We will always act in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) when dealing with your personal information. We are also subject to the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 in relation to our management of credit information.
Common examples include your name, signature, mailing address, street address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, medical records, bank account details, billing and credit card details, photos of you and commentary or opinion about you.
Personal information that we may collect from you
We may collect some or all of the following types of personal information:
- information that you give us through your dealings with us;
- information that we may collect from you; and
- information that we may receive from you from other third-party sources.
How personal information is collected
Information that you give us
We may collect your personal information directly from our contact with you. This may include by you completing forms on our application, or by you contacting us via email, telephone, through social media and other similar functions either directly through our Website or through third-party host sites, in person, through various marketing channels or competitions either directly through our Website or through third-party host sites, and surveys.
You understand that any personal information that you provide to use must be accurate and up to date. We will assume this to be the case. Your failure to comply with this obligation may impact on our ability to provide you with our services.
Information that we collect about you
Our Website may automatically collect the following information about you each time you visit our Website:
- technical information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol Address used to connect your computer to the internet, the internet browser and version that you are using when accessing our Website, any additional plug-ins that you are using, and your computer’s operating system and platform; and
- information about the time and date you accessed on our Website, and what you accessed on our Website. This includes links that you clicked on, what content you accessed, how long you accessed that content for, whether you downloaded any content, whether supplied by us or downloaded from a third-party host, and how you navigated to and from our Website to other sites or other pages hosted by us; and
- your computer’s IP address.
How we use your personal information
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to any of our related entities.
You consent to our collection of your personal information and disclosing it to third parties where necessary and for the purposes for which it was collected.
This may include:
- using your personal information to provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- using your personal information and providing it to third parties to assist with the provision of our services to you;
- using your personal information for marketing purposes to provide or offer services to you. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping you up to date with our latest news, events, special offers and promotion of our brand or other similar products that we think that you may be interested in. This includes both our direct marketing to you or another third party whom you have authorised us to disclose your personal information to;
- to notify you about any changes to our product, Website, brand or services offered;
- to seek your opinion and feedback on any of our services, including for the purposes of product improvement and customisation, Website improvement and personalisation and other general services;
- for consumer engagement and or customer service purposes, including but not limited to identifying the effectiveness of advertising, allowing you to participate on Website viral features such as sharing Website content and other community features (e.g. blogs);
- for other general services such as Website security, maintenance, identification of fraud or errors, internal accounting and administration, and for any other purpose that we are required or permitted to do by law; and
- to manage our relationships with you and our other clients.
Professional Obligations to disclose
We may be required to disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and also subject to our professional obligations:
- as required by law;
- to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of services; and
- on a confidential basis to our external service providers and advisers.
To be clear, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to any of our business partners, supplies, sub-contractors or the like, advertisers and other advertising networks, analytics and search engine providers and other third parties provided the disclosure of your personal information is for the purpose or ancillary to the services that we or these third parties offer you and for the purposes the information was originally collected.
You understand that we are authorised to disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, including our business, if we are under a duty to disclose your information, or if the disclosure of your personal information is necessary for us to conduct an investigation into any unlawful activity that we know or suspect has or may be engaged in.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients, and warrant that you are aware that an overseas recipient of your personal information is not required to comply with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) or the Australian Privacy Principles. Please notify us immediately if you have any objections to us providing your personal information to any overseas recipient.
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Website from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other Websites
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or about the potential misuse of your personal information, then you can contact our NSW office by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our QLD office by emailing us at email@example.com.
We take all complaints very seriously. It is our policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
© 2021 COUNTRY PARK